Email marketing: love it or hate it, it’s clear that it’s a key component to digital marketing success. For every $1 you spend on email marketing, you can expect an average return of $38. That’s an almost unbelievable margin.
But email marketing isn’t as simple as pressing “send.” First, you have to write it. And that prospect is daunting, especially when you don’t consider yourself a writer and have no idea what to talk about.
If you’re stuck, use these 20 email writing prompts from Constant Contact to find your perfect email:
Writing an email is easy. Just answer these questions: What are you offering? How will it help the reader? What should they do next?
If you find yourself experiencing writer’s block, use these 20 ideas as inspiration.
- Share a memory of your first sale
- Highlight your most popular items
- What inspires you?
- Look back on an early learning experience
- Provide a “how-to” tutorial
- Celebrate a milestone
- Introduce one of your sta members
- Send a thank-you note
- Ask for feedback/advice
- Preview something you look forward to all year
- Let customers know how you get involved in your community
- Share a video
- Respond to industry trends or news
- Share an interesting article
- Feature a happy customer
- Provide a gift guide
- Highlight your social media profiles
- Share local news/events
- Take advantage of an obscure or fun holiday
- Answer the question: Why do you do what you do?
These prompts will help you get started with drafting your emails. Now all you have to do is make sure it looks good and make sure people will read it. You got this.
Ready to get found? Our Buzz Builders Online Marketing programs will get you found online. And if you’re looking at a new website, our Minneapolis Web Design programs create beautiful and functional websites that get results. Click to get started.
* * *